WHEN TO DO YOUR PRE-BRIK ASSESSMENTS (WEIGH-INS & MEASUREMENTS)
- “Open House” Assessments, Saturday 5/3, 9AM-NOON @ Kaia Fit Sacramento
- Anytime before/after your class during Week 1 when a coach or trained KAT girl is available
Each BRIK session, at the beginning, middle, and end we take every Kaia girl’s assessments. Assessments include a weigh-in, body fat % measurement (on scale), and measurements of thigh, hips, waist, and chest.
Assessments are no one’s favorite thing to do and we know that the emotions associated with them range from uncomfortable to frustrating to exciting or disappointing. No matter how you feel about them, though, they are an important part of the process.
Things to keep in mind:
- This is a great way to mark your progress! You might not like the numbers today, but you will want to know where you started so you can celebrate your achievements later!
- They are just numbers. Assessments are an important part of the process but they are not everything! Don’t get wrapped up in every millimeter or ounce. Remember that what you can DO, not just what you weight, is a great way to track your progress! Read my blog about that here.
- Muscle gain: Muscle takes up much less room than fat, so sometimes girls actually gain a little weight or stay the same through a BRIK although their inches go down. It’s not all about how much you weigh; instead, what is your composition like? How do you feel? How do you fit into your clothes? This matters much more! If you’re getting stronger, then you’re gaining muscle!
- We are all different. We all have a unique genetic make-up. Some are prone to weight gain, weight loss, or muscle gain. Accept the fact that you can’t compare yourself to the girl next to you and your body is uniquely yours! Learn to love it!
- Body Fat % on our scales is a rough estimate calculated by your height & weight. Our scales are consistently 7-10% higher than if you had a much more accurate test done (hydrostatic testing, for example). Many women are shocked by the percent shown on the scale, so adjust in your head by about 7-10%. Although the scales are wrong, they are consistently wrong… If the number goes down at the end of BRIK, then you did lose body fat!
“Victory isn’t defined by wins or losses. It is defined by effort. If you can truthfully say, ‘I did the best I could, I gave everything I had,’ then you’re a winner.” - Wolfgang Schadler