Are you signed up for our “Kombat Games” BRIK session beginning September 3rd?! Are you thinking, ‘How the heck do I prepare for this thing?!’ Well, I’m here to help!
Whether this is your first BRIK or you’ve lost count, we all get nervous & excited for BRIK sessions to begin. They are such a great opportunity to re-boost, re-commit, try new things, and MAKE PROGRESS.
Here are some of my personal tips for making this your best BRIK ever!!
- Start cleaning out your cupboards! Help yourself out and get rid of the temptation. No, you don’t have to finish the ice cream before throwing it out… Just get rid of it! Cut the crap and start good eating habits early!
- Don’t binge. Sometimes it’s easy to justify a binge week before 6-weeks of awesome eating and tough workouts but it’s not worth it!! Why take two steps backward before you even start??
- Get motivated! Subscribe to a fitness, running, yoga, or healthy cooking magazine. Read blogs for inspiration. Start storing away healthy recipes and get your mind in shape!
- Get yourself some new gear! It might seem like an excuse to shop (and I guess it sort of is) but I always love having a new piece of workout apparel for BRIK! Wearing comfortable athletic clothing that also makes you feel good about how you look is good motivation for getting to class! You can also use it as a reward system… 6 weeks of perfect attendance? That might deserve a new running jacket! And if you don’t have a good pair of workout shoes yet, GO GET EM’!
- Stay connected. Get on Facebook, talk to other Kaia girls, email us with questions, and stay tuned for the BRIK Manual & Nutrition Plan! The more of a community you build, the more accountable you’ll be!
Kaia Vets, what are your personal tips for having a great BRIK? Post them to comments!