Many of us start our day off with a cup of coffee. And then maybe one more when we get to the office or need a mid-day ‘pick me up.’ And what about that iced tea or soda with lunch? And the dark chocolate you allowed yourself after dinner? Was that an Excedrin you just took!? Well, it’s possible that many of us take in WAY too much caffeine.
Facts Worth Thinking About
- Moderate caffeine consumption isn’t bad for you
- “Moderate” is described as no more than 300mg/day
- A Venti brewed coffee at Starbucks has 415 mg
- Tea is considerably lower in caffeine
- Many pain relievers contain caffeine… Read your labels!
So, why the caffeine challenge? Like all of the other challenges… AWARENESS!! How much do you depend on caffeine? Do you NEED it to start your day? Or, can you find energy in other ways… By working out, eating better and sleeping more? Get out of your comfort zone and try going caffeine-free for ONE WEEK!
After this challenge, decide how much you need it. Maybe you can make it a ‘treat’ a few times a week. Or stick to just one (regular sized) cup a day! Moderation is important. You KAN do it!!
Happy Caffeine-Free Monday!