Sore and fatigued muscles seem to be a topic of conversation around here lately… Especially for those that attended Power Hour this past Saturday! So, what can we do to help our muscles recover and re-build as quickly as possible?
TIPS FOR THE SORE KAIA GIRL:
1. Rest! Make sure you don’t over do it on days when you have a really tough or challenging workout (choose Double Days wisely!). Your body needs time to recover!
2. Protein! Protein helps rebuild your muscles, so getting enough is important. It’s even more effective if you get a big dose of protein 30-60 minutes post-workout. Examples of healthy, protein rich foods: Lean meats and fish, Greek yogurt, almonds/almond butter, tofu, quinoa and eggs.
3. Water! Make sure you are staying hydrated. Drink water before, during and after every workout.
4. Stretch! Make time to stretch out those muscles… Long & lean! Think about attending Friday FLOW! (6am every Friday) Also, consider investing in a foam roller to help relieve soreness in tight muscles.
5. Keep working out! Certainly listen to your body if you need a rest day (at least 1 per week), but also know that getting those muscles moving feels better in the long run! Get your butt off the couch, come to class at Kaia, and stretch everyday!
If the soreness continues for more than a day or two, try icing it and taking hot baths!
Your sore coach,