A Kaia FIT workout is 60 minutes of your day. Your food choices are ALL day.
Getting into an exercise routine is tough enough, but once you’re in the groove, most of us couldn’t imagine life without it. EATING, on the other hand, tends to be a constant battle.
“What’s for breakfast?” “Is it too early for lunch?” “I didn’t pack any snacks!” “My husband brought home pizza…” “It’s my son’s birthday party!” “But, it’s SATURDAY!!”
And it goes on and on. And on.
Making smart, healthy, filling, nutritional eating choices everyday is not an easy task for anyone. So how can you make it easiest on yourself?
Tips for healthy eating (ALL day!)
1. PREPARATION is key. Pick a grocery shopping day each week, set time aside to pre-make fruit salad, cut up veggies, etc. When we’re hungry, we are at our weakest point for making bad choices in the kitchen. Have healthy snacks on hand at all times!
2. THROW OUT THE CRAP! Don’t have it in your pantry or freezer ‘just in case’. If it’s not there, the battle is much easier to win! Clean out the kitchen. If there are snacks for your kids or roommate that aren’t Kaia-friendly, keep them on a separate shelf. Maybe even put a note in the cupboard or fridge that says “NOT FOR insert your name here !”
3. MAKING GOOD CHOICES WHEN YOU’RE OUT: Some of the toughest times come at restaurants and in social situations. Search for salads with light dressings, sides of veggies, lean proteins and fruit.
- Breakfast: Substitute fruit for potatoes. Skip the toast or ask for just one piece of whole wheat/multi-grain. Add lots of veggies!
- Lunch: Have a big salad! Try new things… Sunflower seeds, raisins, hard-boiled egg and jicama are fun ways to change up your regular salad routine!
- Dinner: BE PREPARED! Try making some hearty, family-friendly meals in a slow-cooker. There are tons of healthy chili recipes out there. Try roasting new veggies. Mash up some sweet potatoes. Be adventurous!
- Snacks: Small handfuls of nuts, baked apple chips, hummus & bell peppers, almond butter & fruit or celery all make great snack ideas! And they’re yummy too!
Make sure to lean on your Kaia FIT family for support… We all struggle with making healthy choices every day! Try new recipes, stock your kitchen with healthy options, and EAT UP!
Have a wonderful, nutritious Monday!