Don’t be a pre-BRIK victim! What does this mean? Don’t binge this week on all your guilty pleasures… Don’t put on an extra 5 pounds that you’ll have to work off… And don’t make excuses!
With BRIK quickly approaching, it’s natural to think of this week as your last one to have your favorite treats. I’m maybe the worst in this department! When I think of going 6-weeks without ice cream I practically sprint to the grocery store to buy three cartons. (Okay, not quite that bad, but you get the point!)
Stay moderate this week. You’ll only have a harder time detoxing if you give your body all the sweets and carbs you want! Save yourself the hassle and keep this week healthy.
Take the next few days to clean out your cabinets and fridge! Stock up with the “Yes’s” and trash the “No’s”!
- Lots of greens (kale, collard, mustard, spinach, romaine… the DARKER the better!)
- Veggies! (hit the farmer’s markets for the best local veggies in season!)
- Fruit of any kind (during BRIK if you think “Dessert!”, think “FRUIT!”)
- Protein (examples: lean meats, eggs/egg whites, tofu)
- Nuts and seeds (raw or dry roasted)
- WATER!!!!!! (And lots of it!)
- Tea (use herbal tea to help curb late-night cravings)
- Sugar (avoid anything over 9 grams!)
- Carbs (no, not the ones found in veggies… we mean processed carbs like bread, pasta, and pizza!)
- Processed food (this includes SODA)
-Alcohol (during BRIK, really commit to cutting it out for ALL 6 weeks!!)
- Dairy (almond milk is a life-saver in this department!)
Start looking at recipes and talking to fellow Kaia girls about BRIK and detox! Staying motivated is key to being successful during BRIK. Take this week to think about your commitment, why you’re signed up and how great you’re going to do!
And remember, FREE Power Hour with me tomorrow morning at 6 a.m.!
“The groundwork of all happiness is health.” – By Leigh Hunt